Delta 17 exudes performance, style, speed & volume without compromised stability. Positioned nicely in Deltas performance touring line-up, it was newly redesigned in 2015 and is an excellent choice for paddlers looking to find their edge in swells on the open ocean or extended trips on your favorite lake. The Delta 17 is a veritable champion in the surf and delivers its abilities with speed and grace while packing some volume for those longer trips off the coast of Maine. For 2015, the Delta 17 features a new low profile front day hatch, Delta’s Contour Seat System, Delta’s proprietary Press-Lock hatches and a refined deck design.
The hull shape of the Delta 17 was influenced by both British and North American design concepts, creating a beautiful blend of performance and agility. The combination of a shallow ‘V’ shaped hull, moderate rocker and soft chines provides predictable initial stability and notable secondary stability; allowing easy edge transitions and excellent handling characteristics in various sea conditions. It’s ample volume and large hatches allow plenty of storage room for extended trips. It’s beautiful to look at and a delight to paddle.
- V-Shaped hull with pronounced chine provides an optimal blend of speed and stability while also allowing for advanced edging and unparalleled tracking
- New lowered back deck makes rolling the Delta 17 much more fluid
- Thermoformed ABS construction provides high abrasion and impact-resistance coupled with superior UV protection so your kayak looks like new for many years.
- Cockpit offers a close-fitting, performance fit and feel without being too confining
- Designed with simplicity in mind Delta’s lightweight, multi-position Contour Seat System provides excellent back support, quick adjustment and optimal comfort in a user friendly design.
- Delta’s Proprietary indexing system allows the seat to travel forward and back 4” for a custom fit under the thigh braces and to help trim your kayak if needed
- New low-profile front day hatch is within easy reach, and 2 main dry storage areas sealed with rigid bulkheads provide ample space for your gear
- Padded integrated thigh braces improve control and overall comfort
- Delta’s proprietary ‘Press-Lock’ hatch covers create a watertight seal with a specially designed gasket that envelops the rim of the hatch with an easy push
- Delta’s integrated rescue system combines bungee cord, perimeter line and paddle recess aft of the cockpit to help make paddle float re-entry quicker and easier.
- Raised bungee lines provide a quick and easy place to secure your paddle blade at the bow and a convenient place to secure your spare paddle at the stern
- Deck fittings are recessed and hatches flush-mounted for a sleek look and no-snag design.
- Channel-mounted and individually tubed rudder lines ensure a smooth and kink-free operation of the rudder and spring-loaded skeg system
- The Delta 17 kayak with rudder features ergonomic, retractable dual-density grab handles that are easy on the hands
- Made in Canada
****Contact Quickwater for available colors. Available for pickup in store. We also ship Delta kayaks anywhere in the continental US for reasonable prices. Contact Quicwater for delivery and shipping estimates.
To learn more about the Delta 17 we encourage you to visit Delta Kayaks then return here to purchase yours when you’re ready